6.20.2008

I am glad you are my friend!


A friend is someone you hold dear:

Someone who is always there, through thick and thin;

Someone who is only a phone call away.

A friend is someone you can always rely on:

Someone who is there to share your thoughts with;

Someone to listen, no matter the subject.

A friend is someone you can feel comfortable with:

Someone you can sit silently beside, without conversation;

Someone you do not need to fill the quiet moments with.

A friend is someone you can trust:

Someone who will guard your deepest secrets;

Someone who will never let you down.

A friend is someone who is not judgmental:

Someone who will gently offer advice and opinions,

Yet, someone who is not overbearing or critical.

A friend is someone who can keep you grounded:

Someone who can help you see through your obstacles;

Someone to shoulder you through life's trials.

A friend is someone who shares unconditionally:

Someone to laugh and to cry with;

Someone to lean on, through both the good and the bad.

A friend is someone you choose wisely,

For a friend is your own mirrored image:

Someone to compliment your own self;

Someone who indicates who you are as a person.

A friend.... is what you are to me.

3 comments:

Sassy said...

I like that poem...it is so wonderful to have someone to help us through life like this...I know I could not do it with out them. Hope you are doing great!

Barb Elder said...

I agree! I always say. I have turly been blessed with good friends. Debbie is one of my favorites! Thanks for being a great friend to Debbie. You are the best.

Debbie Allen said...

Kim, you are a true friend. You have always been there for me. I hope I can always be there for you. We have had a nice ride together.