1.27.2008

52 Blessings Week 4

"I Thank O God For A Prophet"

I have been thinking of what my blessing would be this week. With the passing of our dear Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley the choice is obvious.

Whenever I think of President Hinckley I will think of love! How he loved the people, all people not just members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. How he loved the Lord and the work of the gospel. How he loved the Temple and helped to spread Temples throughout the world! Whenever I read his words in the Ensign, our Church magazine, I can hear his voice speaking in my mind! I knew that the Lord was speaking to us, through him.He was an amazing man!! At age 97 he continued to lead and guide the church. Surely the Lord, blessed this man to accomplish so much in his golden years. His wit and his humor were endearing!!I'm happy for him that he can be reunited with his lovely wife, Marjorie I know he missed her dearly. He will be with other family members too!! It's wonderful that families can be eternal. And what a wonderful reunion with the Savior!! I'm sure the Lord will hug him and tell him "well done, thou good and faithful servant" Matthew 25:21

2 comments:

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Absolutly wonderful to have been blessed to live in his time and to have been taught through him. Gordon B. Hinkley was a true prophet of God and a remarkable man! :)

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

What a great post. I should have chose him as my blessing but that will have to be next week!